SharePoint Asstes, like Fields/Site Columns, Content Types, List Instances can be provisioned or deployed to a SharePoint Site through SharePoint Framework (SPFx) solutions. SPFx solution uses feature framework files through which we can define the XML to provision the necessary assets.
The following resources from SPFx documentation provides more details
- Tutorial : https://dev.office.com/sharepoint/docs/spfx/web-parts/get-started/provision-sp-assets-from-package
- More Details - https://dev.office.com/sharepoint/docs/spfx/toolchain/provision-sharepoint-assets
- Webcast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-UdJhhHlEQ
How to provision multiple List Instances?
The key feature framework files to provision a list instance are
- elements.xml : Defines the metadata of the list along with list definition mapped using a CustomSchema property
- schema.xml: Defines the list structure, content types and views
To provision more than one list instance, we can create two different schema files (like schemaOne.xml & schemaTwo.xml), create two ListInstance elements in the elements.xml file referring to the respective schema files.
Also, include all the schema files in the package-solution.json